Other Pages To See...


Thursday, May 8, 2008

Sloan Seymour's Debut


I know it's been a few days since I've blogged, but I have a good excuse. I've been writing!

I wanted to get on here and tell you about a new author, who's also a friend and chapter mate, and introduce her debut novel, That Montana Summer. The book, which is a contemporary romance set on a ranch in Montana, releases in e-format today over at The Wild Rose Press. The print version will be out in the fall.

Sloan Seymour is a natural storyteller with a gift, and I was so tickled when she received her very first review today from The Romance Studio. Here's a link to the full review.

The reviewer, evidently, saw the same thing I saw in Sloan's story the first time I read her writing. Pure talent. She's got a huge career ahead of her. Her characterizations are some of the best I've read anywhere and she lends such authenticity to her settings, you think you're there. I highly recommend That Montana Summer and can't wait until Sloan finishes her current work in progress.

Devon

6 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you've been writing and I will definitely have to check out Sloan's book when it comes out in print! Thanks for posting about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Devon, for all the kind and supportive words! It means so much coming from an author I admire greatly.
    Sloan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, new to the blogging thing. Here's my url.
    Thanks again!
    Sloan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sloan:
    I'm so thrilled you're book is finally out. Can't wait to down load it. Since I've had a sneak peak at the story, I'm eager to read it from start to finish!!!
    I'm doing a happy dance for you.
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Teresa. I'm happy dancing too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go on the writing Dev! I'll get sloan's book when it's in print. You'll have to let me know when Taryn and Sloan's books come out! and anyone else you like, that you think I would enjoy!

    Working LOTS!!!! Am exhausted. Will email you tomorrow, on my 1 day off....

    Hey Taryn! Hope writing is well with you too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Romance in the Wild West! I love to hear from you so feel free to leave me a comment.