Other Pages To See...


Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Book Trivia


Here's a fascinating bit of trivia I picked up over at Petticoats & Pistols the other day. Patricia Potter, who writes Western Historical Romance, blogged about Doc Holliday and the many myths surrounding him. As it turns out, there was a Georgia connection between Doc and author Margaret Mitchell. When she wrote "Gone With The Wind," the characters of Rhett and Melanie were based on Doc Holliday and his cousin, Mattie. If you're interested, click here to read Pat's post in its entirety.

Devon


5 comments:

  1. Isn't that interesting? Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer! I thought it was very interesting. Course I'm nuts for all those old western characters and the tie-in to GWTW, which is one of my all-time favorite books, just made it that much more fascinating.

    Hope things are going well on the hill today. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom started me on GWTW in junior high, and every once in a while I go back and read it again. What a world she built!
    And it's windy on the hill. Always, always windy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So interesting to see the stories behind the stories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer, I've read it several times, too. Yes, the historical details in that book are immaculate, and so are the characterizations. The movie was fabulous, but didn't come close to surpassing the book.

    Don't know if you read "Scarlett" the sequel written by a romance author (can't remember her name). Hated it. Hated the mini series. It should never have been done. In my opinion, it was an insult to Ms. Mitchell's brilliant work.

    Amy, yes, the story behind the story has always fascinated me. I guess that's why I love to hear the first sale stories so much.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Romance in the Wild West! I love to hear from you so feel free to leave me a comment.