Other Pages To See...


Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Wycked

This afternoon I ordered Patricia Rice's latest book, The Wicked Wyckerly. Love the title, but I've always been a sucker for alliteration. I can't wait to read this. I decided to order after reading an excerpt and an interview Pat gave to RT. I admit, it's been a while since I've read one of Pat's books, but this is a traditional Regency without any paranormal elements and it sounds wicked good.

In this book, Pat has taken the usual fare for Regency Historicals and set it on its ear. This one is about impoverished nobility. Yikes! You mean there were nobles during the Regency period who weren't stinking rich? I say, bring it on, this will be a breath of fresh air. It's the first in a series about younger sons who will not inherit. Pat also has a wicked sense of humor, which I've always loved about her, and from the excerpt I read, she's given it free rein in this latest book.

Speaking of a wicked sense of humor... this is a switch in subject, but I can't go without sharing my hubby's latest jab. He owns a small retail business and today a male customer asked if he sells "smart water." My husband said, "No, I've never heard of it. But if I had some, I'd hand out samples." Ah, I love that man. ;o)

Devon

2 comments:

  1. It's fun when you find a book that just seems to "fit" your personal reading style, especially if it's a style or genre you've found yourself missing. I hope you love the book! Nothing like really loving a book you've read to inspire your own writing!

    Glad to know you're writing... and glad to know you're gonna check in with us every now and then!! We miss you when you're away!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy! I'm so glad you stopped by. I've missed all of you, too.

    Yes, I'm looking forward to reading Pat's book. I'm glad she's gone back to the more traditional Regency.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Romance in the Wild West! I love to hear from you so feel free to leave me a comment.