Other Pages To See...


Thursday, July 28, 2011

The New Face of Romance

Remember when Fabio was on the cover of nearly every romance novel ever published? Well, maybe that's an exaggeration, but it seemed like he was on the cover of every one I picked up. Then came John DeSalvo. Man, was he ever a cutie. Both those guys have now faded from favor but they'll live on forever, as long as there are old romance novels floating around.

Now, with the tidal wave of self-publishing and e-pub/small presses, there's a new guy in  romance town. His name is Jimmy Thomas and his image is on more than 1,600 romance novels, at last count. He's keeping track and keeps all the covers on bookshelves on his site and the number changes daily by leaps and bounds. How did he end up on so many covers, you ask? Well, you see, Jimmy has a web site called RomanceNovelCovers.com where cover artists (and those playing at creating covers--like me) can purchase stock images--featuring him and a variety of female models in cover-ready poses.

So, in case you were wondering, who's that guy on all the romance covers all of a sudden, meet Jimmy Thomas, the new face of romance. :o)




Two of my future books were added to Jimmy's shelves today. I had a lot of fun making these covers. And the stock images of the couples I found on Jimmy's site made it so much easier to add that special touch of romance. ~~~Devon






6 comments:

  1. The covers are beautiful! You did a wonderful job selecting great photos (of a really cute guy!), and giving them just the right vibe!! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Amy! I'm really pleased with the way they turned out. I had such fun playing with them and I hope the images represent the characters in the stories well.

    Thank you for stopping by and giving me a thumbs up! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Devon, you did a great job! Best wishes for a trainload of sales. :)

    Jacquie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new covers. My, but you've been busy while I was out of touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Mags! yes, I have been busy. Let's hope it pays off. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Romance in the Wild West! I love to hear from you so feel free to leave me a comment.