Other Pages To See...


Monday, February 18, 2008

Indiana Jones Rides Again


Have you seen this yet? It's a promo shot for the new Indiana Jones movie. Yep, they've made another one. It's due out in theaters May 22nd, and the title is "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull." There are trailers all over the internet already.

I luuvvve the Indiana Jones movies! Well, except maybe the second one, "The Temple of Doom." It was my least favorite of the three so far. I think the reason I didn't like it as well was because the story didn't follow a Biblical sort of theme with the artifacts. I mean, in the first movie they went after the Ark of the Covenant and in the third movie the Grail. Great stuff! Besides, having Kate Capshaw constantly blowing out the sound system with all that screaming didn't help matters. The woman really needed to just shut up.

I have to say, I was very surprised when I heard they were making yet another installment AND that Harrison Ford would still be playing the lead. There's no one else who should play the part of Indy, nor could they. Ford owns the character. BUT. The man is seriously getting some age on him. These movies are always very physical. How believable is it going to be when Harrison Ford does all those incredible stunts (and you know the movie will be full of them). And what about all those close-ups of the stunned or horrified expression on his face when he's confronted with imminent danger? I honestly didn't believe there would ever be another Indiana Jones movie because Harrison Ford's dashing, hot hero days are in the past (in my opinion).

Oh, well. I'm looking forward to the movie. I just hope it's not another Temple of Doom. The title says to me that it might be. There were no references to a Crystal Skull in the Bible that I'm aware of. Wonder if Sean Connery will be reprising his role as Indy's father in this one? Now there's a man who got better with age... up to a certain point, anyway. ;o)

Devon

1 comment:

  1. We're looking forward to this movie as well. I'm a bit leery too though because of the title and because Harrison is getting on up there. I don't think Sean Connery is going to be in it, but I do know Shia LeBouf is playing Indy's son in this one.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Romance in the Wild West! I love to hear from you so feel free to leave me a comment.