Other Pages To See...


Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Tonight's Idol Results

I admit, I was shocked by tonight's results. I would have thought Danny would be the only one who was truly safe simply because he's the only one who was never in the bottom three all season. After last night's performance of "You Are So Beautiful," I thought for sure he'd make it through, especially after he was safe following that awful rendition of "Dream On" last week. Wow. What a difference a week makes. Since there were only a million votes separating the top two, it looks like many of the Allison fans swung their support over to Kris, like they promised.

Simon said next week's finale may very well be a "ding dong," and he may be right. I think the judges are in for a big upset. Here's why. It goes back to that million votes separating Adam and Kris tonight. With Danny out of the picture, his fans are threatening to power vote for Kris next week. That would put Kris way over the top, which = major upset.

For the first time in several years, I don't really have a favorite. I think they're all talented and will do what they will with the opportunities they'll be given. Who rises to the top after it's over remains to be seen. Past seasons have sometimes proven, the winner doesn't always emerge the victor. Just look at Chris Daughtry, who left the show in fourth place. So, next week, I'm going to sit back and relax and enjoy the show. Both Adam and Kris will get record deals, so they're both winners. I'm sure Danny and Allison will emerge from this with recording contracts as well. It's a win-win situation for all concerned. The American Idol title has become a matter of bragging rights and publicity for the winner, but it doesn't always ensure success after the lights go down. I wish them all the very best of luck.

Devon

2 comments:

  1. Wasn't that crazy? I thought for sure Danny would be in too. Kris is ok, but I don't like to WATCH him sing. I don't know, he seems a little weird. But Adam seems even more strange. I admit he has an awesome rock sound, I just don't like to listen to rock like that , generally. He screams too much, I think.
    I don't know who will end up the winner. I think Kris was surprised he even made it to the finals.
    Maybe somebody that humble needs to win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, I know what you mean about watching Kris sing. He does weird things with his mouth that's almost painful to watch sometimes. Kris WAS just as surprised as everyone else. The judges and odds makers have been predicting a Danny/Adam final for many weeks. After last night, I think Kris is going to win. I'd almost bet on it.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Romance in the Wild West! I love to hear from you so feel free to leave me a comment.