Other Pages To See...


Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Back on Track

I spent a long time last night mentally planning what I wanted to do with my story. So, first thing this morning, I turned on the computer and went to work. Finally, this thing is going the way I always envisioned. Doing the rewrite will take a little time away from my progress, but it has to be done. Hopefully, it won't take too long. I was zipping along today, and every once in a while, I caught myself tee-heeing at what was going down on the page. I love it when that happens.

I'm changing the tone by putting my heroine back to the way I originally conceived her character. And it's working out well. Not only is the thing taking on some life, I find that by altering her personality, I'm no longer bogged down with those long stretches of introspection. Now, a lot of that is coming out in dialogue because my heroine has turned into a regular chatterbox.

It's amazing how much I, we, all of us writers invest of ourselves in this stuff. My state of mind is directly tied to how well the writing is going. Today, when hubby came home from work, I was in a wonderful mood.

I guess I need to take the blurb down from the web site and rewrite it, too, since it no longer applies. But that's no problem. I enjoy writing blurbs.

A friend and fellow western romance writer sent a note today, telling me she's just contracted one of her stories. This is her first, so I'm excited for her. Altogether, it's been a very good day.

Devon Thumbs Up

4 comments:

  1. Good job, Dev!!! I bet hubby likes coming home to a Happy Devon! LOL. Now you'll probably whiz right along for awhile, I hope!

    "Ladies of Legend" huh? Sounds interesting!!

    You're gonna do it with this new book Devon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Devon,
    I'm much happier too when you're in a good mood. What did I tell you? WRITE! And follow your instincts.

    Susi, you can check out Ladies of Legend at Resplendence Publishing http://www.resplendencepublishing.com/

    Sorry, Dev, about the shameless plug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Jan, I actually beat you to it. I plugged you in my last reply on yesterday's post.

    Susi, everything's brighter when Devon's writing. LOL! I hate to admit it, but it's very true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad things are going so well now! (I think there was a change in planetary placements- or the moon changed signs LOL)

    I know my stepson came in Monday and I was helping with his homework and he said, "Boy, you're in a good mood today!"

    I told him it was because I accomplished so much Sunday. Getting in good writing time makes a world of difference!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Romance in the Wild West! I love to hear from you so feel free to leave me a comment.