Other Pages To See...


Monday, February 23, 2009

Thank God It's Monday!

Yesterday turned out to be a fun blogging day. Who knew! I can't remember when I've laughed so much at my own stupidity. But now it's Monday, and thank the Lord for that!

Speaking as a stay-at-home mom/writer, I can't tell you how relieved I am when Monday rolls around. I know most people live for the weekends, but not me. Why not? Because the gang's all here. Kids. Hubby. They need to eat and they need attention, which means I have to put my own pursuits on the back burner until I get the all clear again. The only time I can get any writing done is very early in the morning or late at night after they're all tucked in.

This weekend, I only wrote approximately half of my daily quota for both Saturday and Sunday. I'll have to make it up during the week. I was never good at sticking to quotas in the past, but I'm giving it another try. So far, I'm doing pretty good. I'm teaching myself discipline, which is one very important thing I've been lacking. This time I'm determined, serious, in fact. I'm sticking to schedule and that's that! Butt in chair, words on page. It took a while for it to sink in, but it's finally dawned on me what everyone else has known all along. The only way to be successful is to get those puppies written!

Speaking of puppies...the one in the photo is so adorable, I couldn't pass him over without posting him. This was a T.G.I.F. photo but, as you can see, I altered it to suit. Isn't Paint a marvelous thing!

The picture of the sweetie-pie puppy reminds me. In two weeks, give or take a few days, we plan to adopt another dog. Since my good old dog, Sam, died back in October last year, we haven't had one and both hubby and I miss having one of the little guys underfoot. So we finally made the decision. It's been fifteen years since I've fooled with training a dog. I hope I still have the patience. Wish me luck!

When we bring her home, (yes, it's a she) I'll have my son take a picture so I can post it. I'm going on blind faith with this one. My husband has seen the puppy and held her, but I haven't seen her yet. He tells me she's a cutie, and I trust him on that point. She's a small (they think) mixed breed and he assures me that she won't get very big. Still...a strange thought keeps popping into my head. Aren't ALL dogs cute and little when they're puppies?

Devon

Deep Thought for Today = It's much easier to write a new manuscript from scratch than to try and fix an old one.

8 comments:

  1. You, know- I've learned the same thing about being a SAHM/writer. I used to look forward to the weekend, but now, the week is stressful and I think- I can't wait for the weekend to get here and then when it does, I'm like, dang! I can't get anything done! LOL

    Yay on the new puppy! Can't wait to see a picture of her and yes...they're always small and cute when they're puppies. That's where they suck you in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taryn, I'm looking forward to the puppy. And yet, I'm dreading it. I reeeeally don't know if I have the patience or energy anymore to housebreak a dog. But I'm willing to try. I do miss having a furry little body tagging around the house under my feet. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Devon,

    Good for you on learning--uh, what was that word?--oh yeah, discipline. I'll have to look that up and see if maybe I need some, too.

    Seriously, I'm an undisciplined MESS and that has to change.

    *whew* Feels good to get that off my chest.

    Good luck with the puppy. That little cuteness thing works with human babies too. Then they're suddenly teenagers and--

    --but that's a rant for another blog, another day. Maybe.

    May your writing day be productive. That's my plan too. I've scheduled myself for 3K today. Pure lunacy!

    I must say thank you for today's picture. Especially compared to yesterday's.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magdalena,

    Yes, I thought I'd take it in a whole new direction today. LOL!

    And, yes. Do look up "discipline." It's a good word, I'm told. But, darn it, being a goof is so much fun! I think a certain amount of goofing off and procrastination is essential for us stay-at-homes to maintain our health and sanity. Wouldn't you agree?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry. Did you say MAINTAIN our ...sanity?

    Oopsie. Too late for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, okay. How about maintain the APPEARANCE of sanity. That better? Sheesh. Semantics. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I admit, I still look forward to the weekends to work. Hubby is usually gone during the week, so when he gets home, kids are on him like stink on, well, you know. As long as we don't go anywhere, I get work done. (It was crappy weather-wise, so we stayed home this weekend)
    As for the puppy, good luck. The pom we got , Cricket, took a while to train, but I think she's good now. At least, I think she is. Haven't found anything hidden treasures recently. Enjoy her though. I cant imagine not having a dog. Fur therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jennifer, be glad you can work with background noise and all the other distractions. I used to be able to do that, but now it seems to bother me more.

    There have only been small windows of time during my life when I didn't have a dog, so I know what you mean. There's just something missing since Sam's been gone.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Romance in the Wild West! I love to hear from you so feel free to leave me a comment.